Welcome to Bridge 2 Fitness where soft tissue therapy can help alleviate pain or injury brought on through sport or everyday stresses and strains so you can get back to doing the things you love. Treatment at Bridge 2 Fitness will help you to enjoy daily life without pain and discomfort.
More than just sports massage
During an appointment I will assess, treat and offer rehabilitation advice for a range of minor and chronic injuries caused by any lifestyle factor. As well as treating the injury I aim to identify the underlying causes and offer long-term improvements in physical well being. At Bridge 2 Fitness you will be given the highest quality of care and treatment, whether you just want to ease an achy back and go for a walk without pain … or take part in a triathlon! Soft tissue therapy is for every one!
I qualified as a Soft Tissue Therapist in 2015, with a BTEC Level 5 Professional National Diploma from the prestigious London School of Sports Massage (LSSM). I am a member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage and registered with the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council. I treat people from Southampton, New Forest and surrounding areas
For sports people
Soft tissue therapy helps you prepare for events and recover faster from injuries. Regular treatment, including deep tissue massage, will help you avoid injury so you can achieve your sporting challenges, cope with increasing training levels and recover quickly from training sessions and races.
Having discovered the benefits of running and exercise myself (I am also a running coach), I am passionate about helping people to live more active lives, free of pain and injuries. I offer treatment for painful conditions and injures whether they seem to have come on suddenly or have been gradually getting worse and just won’t go away (see the testimonials page).
All of us probably spend far too much time sitting these days. This leads to postural problems, painful neck and shoulders, backaches, leg pain and other symptoms. The assessment, treatment and rehabilitation plan I offer will help you recover faster from pain and injury and get on with doing the things you enjoy.
What happens during an appointment?
- There will be an assessment to determine the cause of injury and treatment plan for the individual client.
- This will be followed by treatment with a range of soft tissue techniques, including massage, to help recovery from injury and improve soft tissue condition and joint mobility.
- You will then be offered a rehabilitation plan – exercise and advice including strengthening and stretching aimed at speeding up recovery, preventing injury recurrence and improving posture, performance and function.
Other treatments that may be offered
- Kinesiology taping if appropriate.
- Acupuncture – based on oriental medicine. This may be offered as many injuries can be alleviated with acupuncture.
- Muscle Activation (Be Activated) This involves assessing how the body moves and compensatory patterns and tension that may have developed. Using muscle activation and correcting poor breathing patterns will help your muscles function the way they are intended so your body becomes stronger, resilient and energised.
- MELT Hand and Foot instructor. MELT techniques can help you to continue treatment at home and help with prevention and rehabilitation from injury.
Contact me for more information or to enquire about an appointment.